Maple Pecan Scone Recipe
Ingredients: (makes two pies)
4 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 cup toasted and chopped pecans
3 sticks cold butter, cut into cubes
1 cup heavy cream
5 large eggs (we use cage free)
1 teaspoon natural maple extract
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
1 teaspoon maple extract
Mix all ingredients together until smooth then set aside
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Put dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle. Add cold cubed butter and turn on low. Let blend until all butter is about the size of a pea.
3. Mix cream, eggs and maple extract together.
4. Once the butter is incorporated, add the cream and eggs and pulse the mixer on and off until just combined.
5. Add the pecans and pulse again.
6. Cover a table with a little flour and place the dough in the middle.
7. Knead together, adding a little flour to the dough until it comes together to make a smooth dough. Do not over mix.
8. Pat down with your hands until it is about 1” thick, cut with desired cutter or cut into triangles with a knife.
9. Brush with heavy cream and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Let cool and cover each scone with the glaze and more toasted pecans
Recipe Courtesy Heather Ries, Lady Bugg Bakery, Hernando
ABOUT US CONTACT ADVERTISE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES SUBMIT AN EVENT WEDDINGS RACK LOCATIONS
2445 Hwy 51 | Hernando, MS 38632 | 662-429-6397 | fax: 662-429-5229