Entertaining | May 2017
Planning the perfect paw-ty for your pup
Event Design by Michelle Hope
Photos by Casey Hilder
Our beloved pets are part of the family and deserve to be celebrated! What better way to treat your fur babies than to order up some festive sweets just for them? The Three Dog Bakery in Collierville, Tennessee, is just the place, baking up a variety of paw-licking goodies.
No need to worry about your pet’s diet or health because no salt, sugar, preservatives or fillers are used in these baked treats, which are prepared daily and 100-percent natural. Each Three Dog Bakery has a unique selection of items, like seasonal treats, gourmet dog pastries, including the famous Pupcakes, and even one-of-a-kind canine cakes you can get personalized for your pup’s special occasions.
If you are planning a “pawty” for your four-legged family member, here are a few tips and ideas that will help make it a droolicious success.
• Choose a dog-friendly location like a dog park or your own backyard. You want to be sure there is ample space for your canine guests to play and potty!
• Don’t forget the drinks! Dogs need lots of water when playing, especially if outside. You could designate a “watering hole” and put several bowls or one large trough out to keep them all hydrated and happy.
• Invite dog lovers as well as dogs that socialize well with others. This will ensure there are no hairy situations during all the fun.
Order or create a special cake or treats for all the four-legged guests. If you don’t have a dog bakery near by, try out this recipe to create your own. Just make sure you only use doggy safe ingredients no matter what you serve.
• Don’t forget the balls, frisbies, chew toys and cleaning supplies! Keep their tails waggin and any accidents at bay by being prepared.
If you need some help finding a reason to throw your first tail-waggin celebration, we have a list of reasons! Host a new puppy shower for a friend. Celebrate graduation from obedience school or welcome a new dog to the neighborhood.
Peanut Butter and Banana Canine Cake
by Dog Treat Kitchen
Yield – Two 8-inch round cakes.
· 1/2 cup canola oil
· 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
· 1/4 cup molasses, blackstrap
· 1/4 cup peanut butter
· 4 eggs
· 2 cups whole wheat flour
· 2 tsp baking soda
· 2 tsp cinnamon
· 2 ripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. In a stand mixer bowl, add the canola oil, applesauce and molasses.
3. On low-medium speed, thoroughly combine.
4. Add the peanut butter, and mix until combined.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, until all combined.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
7. Using the lowest setting, or the stir setting on your mixer, slowly add the dry ingredients.
8. In a small bowl, mash the bananas.
9. Take the mixing bowl off the stand. Fold in the mashed bananas, making sure they are well incorporated.
10. Using a baking spray with flour, generously spray each 8-inch pan.
11. Divide the batter between both pans.
12. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Rotate the pans on the racks half way through the baking time.
13. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
14. Remove the cakes from the pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
Storing - This dog cake recipe will keep fresh in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Freeze the cakes for up to 3 months. If you choose to freeze the cakes, wrap each one individually with plastic wrap. Then wrap each one with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Then place each one in a labeled freezer bag. It may seem like a, lot of work, but it will keep the dog cakes delicate texture fresh longer.
ABOUT US CONTACT ADVERTISE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES SUBMIT AN EVENT WEDDINGS RACK LOCATIONS
2445 Hwy 51 | Hernando, MS 38632 | 662-429-6397 | fax: 662-429-5229