Pineapple & Cheese Casserole
Ingredients: (makes two pies)
3 ¾ cups white Sugar
1 cup Butter, melted
1 cup Buttermilk
2 teaspoons Vanilla
½ cup Flour, plain or self-rising
¼ teaspoon Salt
Two uncooked pie shells
1. Combine 3 ¾ cups of white sugar and 1 cup of melted
butter in a large bowl.
2. Beat six eggs and add them to the mixture.
3. Mix together 1 cup of buttermilk and 2 teaspoons
vanilla; add to mixture.
4. Sift together ½ cup flour and ¼ teaspoon salt.
5. Add flour and salt into wet mixture; stir well.
6. Pour into two uncooked pie shells and bake at
350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Carolyn Young, Hernando
Add frozen or flaked coconut, 6 oz. per pie.
*deep dish pie shells recommended for making coconut pies